THE LAST DROP STORY
The Last Drop Brewery has been operating since 1992, when the complete brewery was transported from a medieval village in Bavaria and re-erected in the Perth Hills by German Master Brewer Horst Kempf.
Operated by the Forster Family in a tradition dates back to pre World War One Germany where our Great Grandfather Johann Forster was a Publican/Brewer in the German village of Hermannsreuth on the Czech border.
The village pub and brewery, along with every other building with the exception of the parish church, were demolished brick by brick by brick in World War One. The entire village was later rebuilt by the townsfolk, over 3 years.
The tradition was continued by our Grandfather Baptiste Johanness (John) Forster, who served his Coppersmith/Plumbing apprenticeship working in the breweries of the Bavarian region.
After World War Two, John Forster emigrated, with 10 other German families, to Perth WA as contracted workers to Kellogg’s, the American company who undertook the construction of the Kwinana Petroleum refinery.
They arrived in Fremantle after 6 weeks at sea on the Norwegian ship Skaubryn May 8th 1954. John (now 98) settled and lives in the Rockingham Area. John still likes a beer.
Fast forward to 2020 where the Forster Family have taken on The Last Drop Beeliar, proudly carrying on a great craft beer offering. Championing WA produce with exceptional Food & Service.